12 February 2007

Book Whore Part Deux

As previously mentioned, I am a book whore. The politically correct phrase is bibliophile, which is a lovely word in and of itself. But I like book whore. I scored eleven books from Value Village the other day. *satisfied sigh* I won't need a fix for, oh, at least a month.

In March's O Magazine, there is a little section titled "Book Junkies, Rejoice!" I had to share the sites they listed. They just sound like fun!

www.shelfari.com It's a MySpace kind of site and you can build a virtual bookshelf to post and browse others. If you see a book you're interested in, it links to Amazon.

www.booksense.com It's a "clearinghouse of independent bookstores. Key in your Zip code to find book stores in your area". This could be a good tool for searching for specific books and authors. Also, it helps support the mom & pop stores, a good thing. (although I do love Barnes & Noble. shhh. don't tell anyone)

www.booksfree.com It's like NetFlix for books. Paperbacks...ugh, my personal bain but we can't have everything. Starts at $8.50 monthly which makes "booksfree" untrue but whatever. I like the premise.

Yeah, the internet was going to be the death of books. They underestimated us book whores. (:-D Oh, bibliophiles, sorry. hahahha.

No comments: