14 February 2007

Sing with me now

Being the procrastinator that I am, I waited until today to buy the Mad Genius his Valentine day card. But, if not for said procrastination I would have never experienced the wonder that is Hallmark's singing cards. OH. MY. GOD. They are the best greeting cards ever.

They're fairly simple cards. Nothing too flashy but what makes them fun is when you open them a song plays or someone is talking. Now, it's the actual songs not the tinny musicbox version. The Mad Genius, being the Genius, opened the card to see how it worked. Sure enough, there's a little unit in there, complete with speaker.

My brother-in-law's birthday is on Friday. I bought him a 40 Year Old Virgin card. It pictures the waxing scene and features Steve Carrell exclaiming in pain. If you've seen the movie, I have to tell you that it's unfortunately the G-rated version. If they had the actual r-rated version, it would be awesome!

They're relatively inexpensive too. Only $4.95 each. That's only $1 more than a regular card!
I think I'm going to make a list of the next six months worth of birthdays & celebrations and get cards for everyone!

So, run! run now to the closest Hallmark store! Hurry!

No comments: