08 February 2007

Oprah…the infomercial…

What is up with Oprah these days? First off, let me say that I do admire her. I think she has done some pretty fabulous things in this world. However, I do think she has lost the grasp of what it is like to a regular person.

Recently, it seems as if she has taken to wanting to make the regular people into a version of herself. Not in a demi-god kind of way but she wants everyone to be as successful as she is. She seems to think it is easy to achieve success. It's as if she's the Manchurian Candidate that has forgotten how she has gotten where she is.

Last week she had this guy that wrote "The Seat of the Soul." Essentially, he talked about "What's wrong with you that makes you make the choices you make." He talked a lot about intention. Some of it was interesting and some of it was hooey.

Today, she has guests on that are talking of "The Secret" which apparently has been The Thing to do lately. Funny, this is the first I have heard about it. Essentially, it is the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have done to you…with a mixture of the threefold rule…what you put out into the universe, you will receive threefold.

I appreciate her wanting to improve our lives but it is starting to seem a little cult-ish. If she announced tomorrow that she is a member of Scientology, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

So, did God appoint Oprah to save us all? Did I miss the message? I've been sleeping in lately. I wonder what that says about my intention?

No comments: