14 February 2007

Recess is over

Well friends, it's time for me to be a grown-up again. I know, it's surprising but true. I have a job. Although the Mad Genius says that I can hardly call it a job when it's only four hours a day. Yep, I said it: four hours a day.
AND...I get to decide when I want to work during the day. Sweet!

I start my first day at *yawn* *stretch* 10:00 a.m. I just don't know if I'm going to keep up the pace.

It's a fairly brainless job, a receptionist/office manager for an actuary...a pension/retirement agency. In fact, I was questioned why I wanted such a mundane job. It's easy...

I don't want to work. Not in the welfare, sit on my ass and watch Jerry Springer kind of way but in the I'm doing this for the cash and the cash only kind of way. As I write that, I realize that it sounds a little whorish. Well, I have been referring to myself as a bookwhore so I guess that works out.

I'll let you know how it goes. My luck I will love it and wish the days were longer. Oh wait, um, No that's probably not going to happen. (:-D

No comments: