16 July 2008

Through a Filter

I think that everyone sees things through their own filter. Either it's "rose-colored glasses" or through a "veil of sadness" or just through emotion.

So, when I run into situations where people say things *cough* stupid * ahem* things, I try to remember that.

We had an impromptu visit tonight. It's one of the MG's oldest friends. While I adore him, I can certainly do without her. Swirling Negative Void is the best way to describe her succinctly.

With that, I had to take a deep breath when the first words she said was:
"So, you even had time to vacuum. There's even tracks in the carpet."

While I wanted to reply: "IT'S BECAUSE I ACTUALLY VACUUM!!!"
I simply said "Oh no, that's from a few days ago. It's still pretty new carpet."

She saw it through her filter of not being a housekeeper. I must remember that.

But it still irritated me. I'm seeing it through a bitter filter. (:-D

1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Ack. I HATE swirling negative voids too. They are the black holes of society. And it is so much worse when you love, love, love the other half of the couple. How is it even *possible* that they stay together? You'd think laws in physics wouldn't allow it somehow.