09 March 2009

Is My Nose Bleeding?

Have I mentioned how much I dislike the time change? It just messes with every fiber of my being. Thank God I had a snow day yesterday because I felt like poo all day. I am sure that it's psychosomatic but whatever. I hate it.

I celebrated my *snow day*/time change day by catching up with everything on the magical DVR. I don't know how I ever lived without it. It's been added to the top 10 inventions EVER. (cell phone, mochas, Internet, and five other random things I can't think of right now...because of the damn time change.)

I even fell asleep on the couch last night for about thirty minutes. Simply unheard of!!!

Then I was wide awake for about two hours.
Then we both overslept this morning. Ugh.

Luckily (?!?) Kevin gets up at 5:45 am and leaves by 6:10-6:15 each morning. That gives me nearly two hours to crash before I have to get up for work.
I have found that I sleep my best sleep in those two hours. I sleep on his side of the bed with his pillow and just ZONK. If it weren't for the dog & mochas, I could easily squeeze another thirty minutes in there. And trust me, I've had that debate with myself many, many times.

And on some days, I've managed to make both of our lunches, unload the dishwasher, and/or switch laundry and still get in another two hours of sleep. I am not implying consciousness during this time in any way. Don't be silly.

Also, Kevin has learned not to ask questions that early as there will be no rememberence of my response or his question. Poor Kevin, he's a morning guy. I hate him most mornings. It's not personal. I don't know what he did in a past life to get a grouchy non-morning person like me. I'm guessing it was because he was a morning person.

On the flip side, if it weren't for Kevin and the dog, I would probably vacuum at 10:30 every night because I am wide awake. I've been known to get up & do laundry or the dishes at 11 pm. But that's because I'm a night person/insomniac. In the mornings, I hate everyone & everything. They all suck. And the time change? Yeah, doesn't make it any better. Go figure.

Actually, I should clarify. I like the time change in October. I feel myself breathe a sigh of relief when it comes. I don't know if I kick into hibernation mode or what. But I don't like this one! This one is stupid! *foot stomp*

(The title is a reference to LOST, by the way....)

3 comments:

Swistle said...

Funniest ever: "I don't know what he did in a past life to get a grouchy non-morning person like me. I'm guessing it was because he was a morning person." AH HA HA HA HA HAHA HA HA!!

Not Your Aunt B said...

You are funny. And I love the lost reference. That show is so good.

Janet said...

At least you have to concede that it FEELS like 4:00 when we lock up the office......

sort of.... right?