05 March 2009

Random Item of the Day - Lamps Edition

It occurred to me yesterday that all of our lamps, except one, were given to us. How did that happen, exactly? I am not sure. All of them are distinctly different.

First lamp...because it's simply the coolest...was given to me from Kevin for Christmas. It's funky and not a lamp that I would choose normally. But now it's my favorite and I heart it enough that I want to buy a mate for it. I thought I'd posted it before but I didn't see it so forgive me if this is a repeat.


Second lamp is from a set. We got these when we closed the Moody House. They are Kevin's grandmas. I wish I had a picture of them from when we first brought them home. They had the most awful, lacy, grandma-y, shades. Ugh. And it took three shades styles to get the right ones. Kevin likes these...he has interesting taste:



This set of lamps is from my mom's house. She had them for awhile after closing my great aunt's house. (it sucks being the organized one...I've closed two houses & helped pack a house/crime scene *fun*)

Anyway, they are clearly from the seventies but I washed out the green coating that covered the glass and Kevin spiffed up the metal base. This, too, took about three shade styles to get it right. Now I want to get two things for these lamps: cool finials and a light diffuser that screws inside the shade to diffuse (duh) the light that shines upward...



Finally, this one was a pain to get a picture of because of it's location next to Kevin's chair. First I had to straighten the ten million car magazines (I can't complain, I have just as many books) I found a telephone cord we don't need anymore behind his table and OMG frosted animal cookies make a mess...yes, I am married to a six-year-old) If I turn the light on, you can't see the design on the shade which is kind of ugly but yet fits with the room. This is also from the Moody House. I like the funky little genie lamp extension that you see extended on the left.



The other two lamps are in the office: a bankers lamp that isn't worth sharing and a little faux crystal lamp with the wrong shade. The crystal lamp will probably get the boot when I buy the mate to the funky lamp. It was from my great aunt's house and it's one of those "This will do for right now" items that we all have in our houses. Yeah, that was in 2000.



And *wow* can you tell that I had trouble coming up with a post today? (:-D

1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I don't even own one lamp. But now I am thinking about it...