17 May 2009

Hello Newman

My aunt & uncle are visiting from California this weekend. They are my mother's older sister & her husband. Aunt Juanita is outspoken and doesn't appear to have much of a filter. From everything I've heard I am like her. I had an Aunt Shirley as well, who was full of sass. I never knew her as she passed from Leukemia when I was a baby. But genetics are powerful and I seem to take after the both of them. However, Uncle Dewey is one of the most chill people you've ever met. Being married to Juanita for over 50 years will do that to a person.

Anyway, I adore both of these people and it's always a shame that I don't seem them very often. We're averaging about once every ten years.

They have a little Shih tzu dog who greeted me at the door before anyone else noticed that I'd even arrived. She got up into my arms with wiggles and kisses. Sweet little dog.

I said hello to my mom & aunt who were SO being sisters, talking about family members and going through my grandma's dishes that Juanita brought up for my mom. Dewey was outside on the deck and my dad was watching the Mariners beat my beloved Red Sox.

My dad does NOT NOT NOT like little dogs. Or furry creatures, to be honest.

"Hi Dad"

"That's....Muffin...." he says much like Jerry greets Newman.

Classic Dad.