22 May 2009

Sixteen Years

Today is Kevin's and my 16th wedding anniversary. 16 years, it sounds like such a long time.

We've reached the point of "Remember when...?" The younger years of our relationship are slowly fading away. It's not a sad thing, it's just the way of life. Looking back through our wedding album, we are simply amazed at how much things have changed. Grown children, friends married...divorced...passed...and even the changes in us, some subtle and some not so much.

Everyone says "We've been through a lot together." Fortunately/unfortunately we actually have been through heaven, hell & high water together.
And I don't think either of us would change a thing.

It was a pretty nice anniversary. It began with a lovely card at 6 in the morning while he ate his cereal. Then I found another card in my truck as I left for work. About two hours later, flowers arrived at work. If I didn't know him better, I would think I was being buttered up for something!

Luckily, I know it's just who he is. He always sends flowers on our anniversary, Valentines Day & my birthday. Not just the standard dozen roses, but flower arrangements with balloons and always a nice note.

Anniversary's are designated as no telephone, no computer, no family days. If you're a blogger friend, you know how important this is to us.

We went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner, took a scenic drive on the way home then you can use your imagination. Now we're cozy in our house, just the two of us. As it should be.

16 years...

I have a laminated post-it in my wallet from years ago that he wrote:
"I love you, not only for who you are but for who I am when I'm with you."

I know, right?

16 years...

Here's one of our wedding songs...chosen by Kevin. Press play & snuggle with your loved one.
May you be as happy as us...if not today, then soon.


1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Aww...happy anniversary (belated)!