25 May 2009

Summer Sounds

It's considered Summer now that Memorial day has passed. The weather is warm and pleasant and moods improve. Especially here in Washington State where our days are gray and brown for far too long during the Winter months. In fact, Sirius/XM 80's channel featured only fast songs during the holiday weekend. No slow songs.

I've recently become dis-satisfied with the CD selection in my truck. Frustrated and flipping through the catalog and wondering where some CD's had gone. I knew I had them somewhere. Scrolling through my SIRIUS presets, looking for music to match the mood that the sunshine brings.

Then it occurred to me: Much like people switch the clothes in their closets seasonally, I switch my music preferences. Gone are the mellow CD's and the current stuff. Replaced with nostalgia and rock music. A good example of this is Kid Rock's "All Summer Long." Peppy, upbeat tune with sampling of rock classics. It's a time warp to summers in high school summed up in a three minute song.

So, tomorrow will be spent browsing through our CD collection to switch out the Matchbox Twenty with the greatest hit of Duran Duran and The Eagles.

And just how happy am I that Eminem has a new CD out? Perfect timing.

1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Do tell if you like his new CD. And I need to go upload my Matchbox Twenty songs to my ipod. They are great for the summer.