17 June 2009

Blogging About Not Blogging

I guess perhaps it's the weather change but I've had a bit of Not Much to Say recently. So here is a tour of my brain:

As I sit here, I'm thinking about:

I want Nathan Lane's scream in The Birdcage as my ringtone.





Or that ADD has interfered with the laundry and I stopped midway because I thought of a topic. Here is the evidence:



I could tell you about how Satan (the nieces "mother") was in a crosswalk in front of me this morning and I didn't run her over. Award, please.

Ambie graduated eighth grade today. Now it's onto high school. We met her "Boyfriend" today too. Very momentous.

(this is Brother Dear & Ambie...)

Or that my dad is having a scan tomorrow and it is perhaps the last one. This isn't good news but not unexpected news.


Or that my cousin Tracy celebrated Father's Day last Sunday and no one noticed she had the wrong day. It made me realize that it is this Sunday and I'm out of ideas for gifts. And really, what do you get a dying man? (it's okay to laugh at that question, I did)

That I forget every single year that May & June are present-heavy months as there are a lot of birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries. One would think I would figure this sh*t out.

During the plague, I lost a little weight. Explain to me why my shoes are too big and I am having issues reaching the pedals in the truck. Did I get shorter too? WTH? All of my shirts are too big also...I'm not happy. Well, happy but frustrated.

With that, I can always get clothing at work. Check out this gem:




That while I suck at Geography and Classic Literature, I can score 100% on the "How Well Do You Know Forrest Gump" trivia game on Facebook.

But it seems that I'm in the same boat as a few fellow blogger friends. So, forgive us if our posts have lapses and are less than stellar. It is summertime after all.

3 comments:

Swistle said...

1. Now I have to rewatch The Birdcage. Love that movie.

2. Here is your award. You were very, very self-controlled.

3. I am glad you captioned that pic of your brother and Ambie, because for one brief moment I thought that was the Boyfriend.

4. I'm sad about your dad.

5. I don't know what to get anyone for Father's Day. Apparently if dads don't drink beer, golf, smoke, and watch sports, we are spit out of luck.

6. That sweatshirt. OMG. Handmade? Or...*shudder*...mass-produced?

Surely said...

I can't believe she actually Walked In Front of Me. Silly, stupid woman.

thanks about the dad thing.

Sadly, dude, the sweatshirt is mass produced. It came in a donation from hell of boxes upon boxes of authentic 80's clothing.

Bethany said...

I hear you! I have posts I haven't read from May because I'm spending all my time outside! YAY for summer :)