08 October 2009

Today is Your Birthday

The other day was the birthday of a former boyfriend. The date always sticks in my head. I'm not super-fabulous with dates so it's always a little odd milestone.

It's been twenty years since we dated. He was the transition guy between Michael the Psycho and Kevin. Poor guy. It was the classic soap opera-esque series of mistakes and miscommunications. The cake topper being hearing "You know he bought a ring, didn't you?"

blargh.

A part of me is a little relieved because he has four kids, including twins & the eldest son had a brain tumor. That could have been Me. I can't even imagine. Or conversely, look what I missed: four children versus none.

It's all good now. We've reconnected over the years. (OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!! = the first time) We each have come to the conclusion that we probably wouldn't have made it in the long run. It was a remarkable relief to resolve that unfinished business.


Happy Birthday SP!!

No comments: