20 October 2009

Okay, let's take a poll

This morning the great & wonderful Facebook gave me the following quandary:

Kevin's ex-wife has friended me on Facebook.

Oh, yes. Yes, she did.

My initial response was "You. Have. Got. To. Be. KIDDING. Me" followed by maniacal laughter.

BFF K responded with "Ahahahahahahahahhaha" as did BFF D.

Kevin said "What does she WANT?" with a chorus of "Oh My God" thrown in for good measure.

Kevin's mom wonders what she's up to. While she loved his ex-wife, she knows that she's not a good person. (for those of you just joining us: she cheated on Kevin AND screwed him over financially - leaving him thousands of dollars in debt)

I really don't care. I agree with BFF K, that she wants access to more pictures. This makes it tempting for me to approve her request. "Sure, look at how HAPPY we are and how much you F*&ked up. Enjoy!"

But I am a little suspicious.

Then, I looked at it another way...what if it were Michael that requested. Well, that doesn't work because there is a Permanent Restraining Order. But if there wasn't, what would I do? The answer would be Hell.to.the.NO. You walked away, buster. You chose not to have access to my life. Sucks to be YOU.

But the snotty teenager in me wants her to see how great Kevin's life is.

Polls are open, what do you think we should do? Friend or Not to Friend. That is the question.

3 comments:

Swistle said...

I am SO UNSURE! On one hand, this means YOU can see HER profile too---but it doesn't sound like that would be particularly interesting. And if she can access yours, she can download all posted pictures, see who all your friends are, etc.

No---I've come to a conclusion: I'd ignore the friend request. But I wouldn't think the other decision was WRONG---it's just that's what I'd do.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Not friend. But I was told that you could see her profile, page, photos etc. for 30 days if she requested you to be a friend, but she has no access to yours unless you allow it. You can also block her from seeing things you post on your mutual friends' pages (if you have mutual friends on FB).

Firegirl said...

She's on Kev's facebook so I can look at her profile. It's sad actually, because there's not a lot of human interaction there. just a lot of quiz taking and the such.

One of the ideas we had was FUNNY:
"Dingbat, I will approve your friend request for 48 hours. Check out everything you want to see in that period of time: download pictures, whatever, because after that: You're out."