01 March 2010

Broad Daylight

Now that Spring is on it's way, I can begin walking the 1/8th mile down to the mailbox again.

I was trying to capture pictures from Facebook for my mother-in-law tonight and lost track of time. Kevin came home and I asked him if it was too dark to walk down to the mailbox. "You better not lollygag" he said. (lollygag = his favorite word)

He headed over to his parents house & I headed down the driveway. As I crossed the little creek, I could see the road and someone jogged by. I felt a little better when I saw them and continued on. I listened for my stalker, the orange cat, but he was no where to be seen nor was our neighbor.

A car was coming so I paused at the road. It was about this time that I realized that I was dressed mostly in black. I took out my cell phone and hit the button that lit up the screen so it would act like a flashlight.

Of course the car slowed down. At this point, I am thinking "You are the dumbest girl alive".

And they stop.

Awesome.

It's an Astrovan. With a Canadian Maple Leaf decal. And tinted windows. I stepped back when the window rolled down. An elderly woman spoke and I relaxed a little.

Until a dog dove at the sliding door window. I think I may have peed a little.

Freaking bulldogs.

They were looking for the only other crossroad on the main road, about one mile south. I gave directions while the dogs decided that I didn't need to be killed. (It could have been the nervous "Aren't you pretty dogs?" that I muttered)

"Thank you, love." She says as she rolls up the window. She had a lovely Scottish accent.

Alls well that ends well, I suppose.

Lesson learned: Wait for Broad Daylight.

3 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

Your posts are scaring me lately! First the KMart dude and now the nice Scottish lady!! GAH!! BE CAREFUL!!

Shelly said...

Dude, that was spooky! Be more careful!

Surely said...

This is the PERFECT example where I need to be more of a ditherer than an actor. (:-D

You can bet next time that I will just take the truck down vs. walking.

It was just a special kind of stupid that you can expect from me from time to time. LOL.