22 April 2019

Draft Picks

I have the tendency to begin writing then not returning to it.  If you have read here for a while, you are very aware of this fact. :)  I've eleventy drafts on this platform, a Prompts file in my notes app on my phone, and a few untitled email drafts because nothing is more fun that trying to remember where I wrote something down.

I decided this morning, while the family is busy, to cull through these.  The first email I opened only said "My wife needs more. You don't get to complain."  I have ZERO idea what that refers to. My guess it was something related to Kevin's brother.  I have no context now so it remains a mystery.

In the prompts file, there is note titled "35 Minutes"  At first, I was all what?  Then I remembered that I wrote about that and didn't take it off the list.  Kevin's commute is 35 minutes long and that's how long it takes for me to get my sh*t together before he comes home. So, that one kind of worked other than the not deleting it thing.

Then I stumbled on this one, from almost two years ago.  It's titled "Allergic to Breakfast"
In case you're wondering how the "new" job is going, there was recently a team breakfast where I was allergic to almost everything.  If anything can encapsulate this job, that is it.

I mean, it's nice that there is a breakfast, for sure.  Right up until you're allergic to most all of it.  It's an apt analogy? metaphor? of this job.  Here's this nice thing; but you're not quite allowed to enjoy it.

The reason that I'm specifically invited to this event is to for team building because I don't really work with the team I'm assigned to.  I feel comfortable saying hello but it's not like I can easily hold a casual conversation with most of them.  Oh, and they have a meeting afterwards that I'm NOT A PART OF.  So, it's like being invited to just drinks and appies then having to leave once the actual party begins.

Not bad but really didn't have a direction, other than a little bit of whining.

Then way down the drafts list is this gem.  I super wish that I had followed through with this post because now I'm dying to know what in the world of Carmen San Diego I was talking about.  The title is simply "Atheists Make Me Sad" with no other prompts.  They don't, really, so I'm guessing it was said with irony and not judgment.  We will never know now.

And this one, titled "The Death of Pretty" and the text just says "high school senior portrait"  Sigh.  My guess, because it's dated in 2011, is that trend of looking homeless and how everyone mostly looked nice in the 80's...maybe?  My high school portrait isn't all that so I'm unsure what I was even referring to.

By just publishing this post I can delete four drafts/ideas and move on with my life. So maybe my system does work, a little bit.  There are other drafts that still  deserve my attention.  There are a few others that time has passed and now they feel irrelevant.  I'm uncertain what to do with those, other than to continue to let them languish in Unpublished Land.


No comments: