02 March 2021

Shots, Dents, and Pancakes

 I had a tetanus shot last week.  Annnnddd guess who had a reaction?  *This Girl* Because of course. I am allergic to all the things. I've spent the last four days feeling like the very life force has been vacuumed out of me.  Finally today, I'm feeling better.  So, add that to the list of things Surely is Allergic To.

Which brings me to the Covid vaccine.  I got permission from the doctor to get the vaccine with the caveat that it is administered at the clinic and not at the pharmacy.  The clinic will be prepared if I were to have an immediate reaction.  So, that's just, sigh, great.  Oh, and I'm to wait for the single-dose vaccination.

I qualify for the vaccine because of the parents and secondarily because of the asthma. And as of today, I qualify through my job. I say this not to humblebrag but to assuage my guilt about getting it before others. Like Kevin. 

Which then brings me to Kevin's mom.  She got her second dose a week ago.  She is still completely laid out from it.  So any delusion that she could fight off Covid has been settled. Now we wait for his dad to get his second dose next week.  Thankfully, they were spaced out because someone would have to stay with them if not.

Oh wait, I skipped a step.  Of course.  Kevin's dad RANDOMLY got a vaccine.  He says that he was getting groceries and the "pharmacy told him" he could get a shot the next day.  Color me super skeptical because I had just tried to schedule appointments.  But sure enough, an hour later he went back to the pharmacy and got his first dose.  Okay, then.

That then brings me to my family.  It's March so there is a celebration cluster: three birthdays and an anniversary.  I knew that a call or text was forthcoming and I was correct.  My niece texted me in the nicest way with an invite to dinner in a restaurant (10 people, not counting Kevin and I, AND this county has only been in Phase Two for two weeks) but "totally understand if you don't want to. I love you."

I responded with "We want to but we have to stay cautious.  The parents aren't quite vaccinated and we aren't at all yet.  Sorry to miss you, sad face emoji, we love you"  She responds that she 100% understands.  And I believe her.  Whether the rest of the family does is another topic and Not Something I Am Going To Worry About. AND I can't believe this has to be discussed AGAIN.

So that's all the Shots News.  Now onto The Accident.

Our insurance has already agreed to fix our truck, it took less than 48 hours for their decision.  Hooray!  It is already at the repair shop and we are waiting for the final estimate and the work to begin.  We won't relax, of course, until the work is completed. 

But once that is completed and everyone is paid, I am going to write a letter to the HOA where the loser  other driver plows. It seems important to let them know of his behavior because it could be their vehicle, family member, home, or pet.  I want his life to suck for a minute, at least, but MORE I want other people to be protected from his behavior.

Once the truck is repaired and home, we have to play Parking Garage.  We have added and not subtracted a vehicle. We don't have the parking space. 

The one, easiest place is in front of our shop. Solved, you just thought. Nope,  because the parents park NEXT to the shop. It would be mere days before the truck would be back in the repair shop. There is zero chance of my f-i-l wouldn't hit it.

So, there's that. #firstworldproblems

Finally, Kevin wanted pancakes for dinner the other night. I, of course, did not have pancake mix. No worries because the parents did. 

I started to make dinner when I noticed the box was open...and so was the bag. I just moved on with dinner and didn't think about it again. Until I noticed while cleaning up that it was also EXPIRED. 

Rookie move on my part. I should have looked. Luckily it wasn't something that could have made us sick. 

Live with your family, they said. It's so great, they said.

No comments: