19 July 2009

Whispers

I attended a wedding on Saturday that was probably the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended. I left my cell phone in the truck and regret it terribly as I'd love to have photos to share. I will ask her if it's okay to post a picture when she has them on her blog.

The lovely bride was my co-worker so I had heard details about the wedding off & on for the past few months. She was determined not to be a bridezilla and she did very well. Nary a pout or tantrum in sight. Considering she was doing a lot of it herself, she had reasons to be one on many occasions. (:-D

The wedding was at an old homestead in a small farming community. The chairs & aisle were set up under a small orchard of trees with an arbor used as the what-would-it-be-called...pulpit for lack of a better word.

Her best friend officiated. It was a non-God wedding and to me the words were even more meaningful and important. Instead of hearing Corinthians and rote prayers, he spoke about the two of them and what it would take to be married.

The couple walked hand in hand down the aisle. Both smiling and steadfast in what they were doing. He in a simple suit and she in a beautiful gown with a hair pretty that she made herself.

But the best part? Oh, the best part was the vows. Her friend announced that they had decided to write their own vows to share and would do so now. I hadn't heard about this part & I am always impressed when people write their own vows.

They Whispered Them. Only to Each Other.

I KNOW!

It was so beautiful. Just perfectly lovely. She standing on tiptoe to whisper in his ear and giggling while she did it. Then it was his turn, he cupped her head with his hand and whispered in her ear, occasionally pulling back to look at her then continuing to whisper.

Perfection.

It was exactly how a wedding should be. Beautiful and simple and most importantly, focused solely on the people in love.

Happy Wedding Day J & T. May you live happily ever after.

3 comments:

Swistle said...

The whispered vows is one of the best wedding ideas I have EVER HEARD.

Not Your Aunt B said...

I second Swistle. How utterly romantic and intimate and meaningful.

Bethany said...

Aw, that's so sweet!