22 July 2009

pouting

Today was a long day. Not for any reason other than it's hotter than usual and us poor native Washingtonians are starting to whither.

My mom called...always my favorite...to tell me that Dad is checking out of the hospital and "If he's doing good, Dr Mathey will start him on chemo on Monday"

Okay. That's all I can say anymore.

So I threw myself on the bed with a bottle of water because I don't keep alcohol in the house.

I called D to update her and cope through liberal doses of sarcasm.

Then I began to watch Midnight Bayou on Lifetime. I really enjoyed the book and Jerry McConnell is easy to look at even if he married a complete & utter bitch. (listen to his Howard Stern interviews....he borders on being an Ussy-pay)

I'm ordering dinner from the local bar and then I'm going to watch Rescue Me. (dibs on Denis Leary...damaged men are my weakness) then So You Think You Can Dance.

I can't even go to bed "early" and all that it implies as the timing is wrong...adding to my festival of suckiness...

I do have brownies though. So I have that going for me.

I think everyone has different coping strategies...what's yours?

4 comments:

Dynamita said...

I try to remember everything has positive aspects to it, so I list them and hold onto them for dear life.

Swistle said...

I vent to friends, bake/eat, read thrillers (very distracting), go to Target with the intention of buying One Treatish Thing (like new shower gel or new conditioner), watch distracting TV (One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, etc.), blog.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Food. Alcohol. Sweets. Target. Trashy TV.

Monday I watched episodes of NYC Prep while finishing the brownies with a crown & coke. It worked. I don't have the blahs now.

Surely said...

Good suggestions, all. I will print these out & post them on the refrigerator. (:-D

I think I need to move to Texas & hang with Bea. (:-D Or win the lottery & hang with everyone.