05 July 2009

Lazy Sunday

Last week was the kind of stressful that I don't enjoy. Family drama and general busyness that I find most exhausting. The three day weekend was perfectly timed. Not only did I get to actually enjoy Not Working this holiday (I was still in full-fledged pout mode last year), I had zero plans. Other than the barbecue at my parents, I was untethered. This Never Happens.

It's a lazy, warm, summer Sunday. John Mayer is playing in the background. I just finished reading a book. The dogs are sleeping on the porch and the birds are singing. I've e-spoken to my closest friends all weekend and right this minute: life is good.

Whilst the remainder of July will be stressful and busy, I'm wallowing in the peace that is a lazy Sunday.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm so jealous! We have 30+ family members here for a week...while it's fun, I definitely miss "my" time! Enjoy the day!

Jess said...

I'm so glad you got that time off to really relax! Sounds like you really needed it.