22 October 2010

News & Notes

It's the end of another week. Is everyone else as relieved as I am?

Have I mentioned how much antibiotics suck? Oh, I have? Well, it's because THEY DO. The latest development with the bug bite adventure is the possible diagnosis of C. Diff. Basically, the antibiotics messed with my digestive chemistry. *fun* she writes with withering sarcasm.

I bargained my way out of stool sample today. (After explaining this to Kevin, he just muttered "That is so...sexy...")

I have to do the clear liquid, high starch diet until all is right with my world again. If I were a baby, it would be the BRAT diet but that's just Too Freaking Easy. B=bananas...which are evil, R...Rice...I'm okay with that, Apples...you know, poison for me, and T=toast...luckily no problem.

So GAH.

I have no plans for the weekend, other than pretend packing for our trip. It's time to make sure we have enough clothing for Vegas. One of the things we might do differently this year is just buying the toiletries once we get there versus having to pay for a larger luggage weight fee. (yes, I might overpack a bit)

The in-laws little dog is really, really sick. Her pancreas stopped working, if I understood correctly. We're hoping that she turns the corner and stays with us just a little while longer.

Have I ever told you the Sassy story?

Everyday, multiple times during the day, Missy Jo goes to their sliding glass door and looks in. Sassy sees her and barks, barks, barks, barks, barks, barks until someone gets the treats for them. The procedure is this: first Missy gets a treat. Sassy waits until Missy eats it then eats her own. I think of it as Missy is the Godfather and Sassy is the Consigliere. Kevin's mom thinks that Sassy is buying Missy's protection should she ever find herself outside.



Have any of you ever played Angry Birds on your cellphone? OMG, that is the stupidest game EVER. But isn't it fun!?!?!!

What's your new favorite television show this year? I actually enjoy The Whole Truth, even though I'm not a Maura Tierney fan. I like the three sides to every story plotline. Of course, it's at risk of being canceled so there's that.

At 11:00 last night I was alternately heartbroken and pissed with the Project Runway show. How did I get so invested in this show? What has happened to me? Let me just say: Michael was ROBBED.

While I'm busy asking social trivia questions: what is everyone's opinion of the GQ Glee pictures? I was disappointed. It just seemed unnecessary.

The other thing that I am going to do this weekend is VOTE. I'm going to sit down with the ballot and my voters guides and vote. Have you sent in your ballot yet? I will quote my parents: "You can't bitch if you don't vote." Brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

CK flipped me shit for the fake flowers and this what I have to say about that: I have MORE. (:-D We won't see direct sunlight until April so having real fall flowers is just mean to the flowers at this point. It only took Kevin three days to notice the fake ones, by the way. *squirrel!!!*

And the Yankees just got bumped from being in the World Series....Cha Cha Cha!!!!

Have a great weekend y'all!!

1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

i have to call you out on the flowers. despite not having full sun until april i'm sure something live will grow. ask the person in the garden center at hd or something. there is a house on the way to the boy's school who puts out rows of fake daffodils in the spring and fake mums in the fall. it drives me insane.
i'm sorry you're feeling so poorly! : ( doesn't make for a pleasant weekend at all.

i am out of the loop as i haven't watched any of the shows you speak of. this year i periodically get sucked into undercover boss and wife swap.