03 October 2010

News & Notes

I am sitting here wondering how I have hives but I do. I haven't eaten anything unusual or made any product changes. At first I thought that it was a bug bite but bites don't usually travel. I am not stressed or emotional so who knows what is going on.

Yesterday was a great day. We went racing at our home track, which is as always, our happy place. Our friends were there, including a surprise visit from our Dawson Creek friends. We didn't set the world on fire but that's okay. Kevin went 153 mph, his fastest and he returned to find a chrome piece had disappeared. We figure it was upon deploying the parachutes. Lucky for us, the safety crew found it at the top end of the track. One of our friends helped put it back on so all's well that ends well.

I spent the afternoon in my chair, watching Ally McBeal and the leaves fall outside. I just had my first official Fall meal: grilled cheese sandwich & tomato soup.

There has been no progress on the boy who is missing in Bellingham. Volunteers have been canvassing the city in an extremely coordinated effort. I can only hope that he knows how many people are looking for him.

I nearly have all of The Nephews kids names memorized. Luckily, three of the five begin with the same initial.

I still have no accomplished catching up and commenting on everyone's blogs. I am beginning to think that once the weather turns, I will be back up to speed. I think also that I've solved my commenting issues. If I log into blogger and go to everyone's blogs from there, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

And while I'm doing some blogging housekeeping...I can't see BlogHer ads on my blog. I think it's an ad block program that is preventing me (it's on both computers here at home & work) Can y'all see it or do I need to email them?


I got an email getting-to-know-you passalong the other day. One of the questions was "Who was your first boyfriend?" I instinctively answered Tony, the troubled boy I "loved" in seventh grade. But I am changing my answer. I think my first real boyfriend was someone that I dated in my sophomore year in high school. He was the first boy that I actually dated, spent time with,
and who actually pursued me. That is how I would define a boyfriend versus a crush, etc.

We are on a teeter-totter when it comes to our Vegas trip. I am purchasing tickets next weekend and making plans with our friends once we get there. The variable you ask? Taking the car. Kevin's dad really, really, really, wants to take our racecar down there. (It's our turn) But we just don't think that we can collectively pull the money together. To clarify: this was Kevin's Dad's idea, not ours. We knew we weren't taking the car.

My mom had her eye checkup last week and I am happy to say that it went well. Her eyes are doing well. (macular degeneration) and we managed to not kill each other along the way.

She did talk about American Idol...she knows that auditions are happening and that it comes on again in January. She also said that it was right that Randy Jackson sit in Simon's seat and she is unsure of the new judges. When I told her that Steven Tyler was from Aerosmith, she sounded excited but I know that she probably has no idea who he is. She said "Lyndsay Lohan" in reference to Jennifer Lopez. She didn't mention that nice Bryan Seacourt.

O.M.G. I am inches from throwing myself on the carpet & squirming around like the dog does. WTH with the hives? The only time I have had them was an allergic reaction to antibiotics. So while it's safe to assume that it is another allergic reaction, it is frustrating.

So there's that. I am going to return to my chair, itch, and know that tomorrow is another day, Scarlett.

4 comments:

Grey Ghost said...

Hives,sounds nasty,like poison ivy?What car do you race,what class?The closest Ive ever been to drag race was a Mini meet at Shakespeare Raceway.Must get to Santa Pod before the seasons end.

creative kerfuffle said...

i can see the blogher ads just fine. you don't have bedbugs do you? sounds like you had a good weekend : )

Swistle said...

I can see the ads too!

Surely said...

@Grey Ghost...I'll do a post about the racecar. It's one of my favorite things to talk about.

@CK...You SHUSH. (:-D It is not bedbugs. I think it's one big bite & hives are the side-effect. And yeah, they're still here.

And I'm glad that everyone can see the ads. Guess I have the whole computer protection set just a little too tight.

Now I am trying to talk myself into having a ponytail. I look like a dork with a ponytail. But it's that or scrub my face on the carpet like Missy.