27 October 2010

Surfacing

So, um, hi. We're on Day Three of quarantine. Well, not quarantine but it feels like it. I am still, still, still waiting on test results. They said I "should" hear by the end of today but I'm a little "Psh, whatever." Not because I have little faith in them but because no matter what the answer is, I am still sick.

To recap, the antibiotics allegedly gave me C. Diff, which means my digestive system is jacked and I am unable to keep any food. At all.

I tried eating high fiber& starch, didn't work. I tried fasting, didn't work, and I tried eating normally and sing it with me: it didn't work. I am on the eating regularly thing, with high fiber thrown in for good measure. I threw myself a pity party yesterday,I felt so lousy.

Today I've stayed upright most of the day. I've been working on the laptop, paying bills, making phone calls, voting, and generally getting caught up on everything I've ignored since last week.

I've also watched my fair share of daytime television. Of course, I have my observations, because that's who I am.

Too. Many. Commercials.

I miss Not having feminine hygiene products on television. I have seen every product imaginable to television. I can't imagine watching television with my mom, like I did when I was younger, and see commercials for KY Jelly. It is just too much.

I tried watching The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick. I just can't do the accent. It's grating and makes her seem pouty and too Paris Hilton.

I did watch Las Vegas (hello, Josh Duhamel) to get myself (more) excited about our trip. In 21 days. (can I say how irritated I am going to be if I'm not well before then?)

Now I am watching Nate Berkus. I love him. I don't watch every show but pick & choose. He makes me want to paint and reorganize. He makes it seem so easy. I need to reorganize the bookshelf in my office. Not today, maybe this weekend.

*PAUSE*

So, yeah. C Diff it is. NICE. Another antibiotic. Double NICE. Guaranteed to make me sick. Just Kill Me. I'm not surprised but there was a tiny part of me wishing it was anything else. GAH!!!! *foot stomping*

And the pills are bitter. Insult to injury.

Now it's two more days off work to see just how sick the pills make me. More Ally McBeal. I get to eat A LOT with these pills so there's that.

If you need me, just holler. I'm here, hanging around.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

:-( That sucks. And that's as eloquently as I can state *that*.

Hope the new pills work their magic and you get well soon--or at the very least, in time for your trip.

Swistle said...

This is ROUGH. I hope you will feel some relief SOON.

creative kerfuffle said...

aw sweetie--this all sucks! (and not in the good way). sheesh. i'm crossing my fingers that these pills will work for you. double crossing that you're 100% by trip time.
of the shows you mentioned i've see las vegas. haven't watched it in a long time, but yeah, that josh is a hottie! yum. and i love james caan so there's that.
oddly enough--though i'm home all day...i never have the tv on.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best Karen! My mom had a go-round with C-Diff...not fun stuff AT ALL! She had to do two rounds of Flagyl, oh joy! I am keeping you in my thoughts, xo.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, this is Wendy...Ms. Anonymous...ha ha!

Anonymous said...

PROBIOTICS! A must. And diflucan in case you get a yeast infection from so many antibiotics. C. Diff is NO FUN. I would stay focused on staying hydrated & eating low residue foods, as there isn't much diet can do & I would think fiber would worsen the problem. So, so, so sorry!
Not Your Aunt Bea

Anonymous said...

And maybe Bentyl if you are having any bad cramping.
Not Your Aunt Bea