21 October 2010

Time Travel

The other day on the radio this question was posed
"What time period would you like to experience?"

Someone answered "the future" and someone said "Any time period that had showers". I thought that was pretty clever, actually.

Kevin loves ancient Greece and Medieval stories. But I think the no bathing thing would make him crazy. My guess for him would be either Old West or in the mid-late 60's when muscle cars were The Thing in the automotive world.

I tend toward the Elizabethan Era but not being serfs. I want to be Elizabeth Bennett, actually. I would love to experience the huge estates and the lazy days of the aristocrats.

My second choice would be the mid-fifties. I love the clothes, I love the cars, I love the music. I basically want to be a Grease character.

Where I wouldn't want to go is where Kevin would probably want to: Old West, Medieval times, or ancient Greece. Nothing on Kevin, I just don't want to living primitively.

Where time period would you like to experience?

1 comment:

grey ghost said...

Could you deal with the dodgy plumbing and no refridgeration?
As for me,with the way things were down when and are liable to be up when,I'll stick with now.