29 October 2010

We need to Paint

As you are aware, I have been at death's door. Well, not really but there have been times I have wished for it.
I haven't had a chance to be bored yet. I have been busy sleeping, taking pills, eating and staring alternately at the walls & television. This has been a special kind of miserable.

Let's talk about pills. I feel like I need charts & graphs:
Take 3 times a day.
8 hours apart...do the math...
With food
But not alcohol so be careful of mouthwash. Seriously.
Eat yogurt but not within an hour of taking the pills.
Drink lots of water because those effers are uncoated & thusly Bitter.

I know, right?

Have I mentioned the stomach ache and dizziness?

I am grateful that I will feel better, don't get me wrong. I try to imagine the pills as. Mini warriors headed down to battle with the bacteria. It makes the twinges of pain a little more bearable.

I remembered when Kevin was sick. He said he felt so poorly that he would get teary when people acknowledged that he looked sick. I felt that way in the grocery store today. I know I am ghostly right now. I felt like asking permission to just curl up in the cereal aisle for a wee nap. And I gently scoffed at the man who sanitized his grocery cart, saying " you have to this time of the year." I just wanted to say "You don't even KNOW."

Hopefully this the last of the sickness posts. I do appreciate all the well wishes. (Hi Wendy!) I am happy to hear from Bea also! I miss you Bea! (And I said fiber but meant starch before)

Meanwhile, I will be here immersed in the world of Ally Mcbeal and eating crackers. Try not to be jealous.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh wow...that does not sound fun! I hope you are feeling better by now- rest up!!