14 October 2010

News & Notes

The kitchen light went out on it's own the other morning. It also came back on, on it's own. Twice on two different mornings. I think my dad is effing with me.

The friend who had the seizure is slowly recovering. The cause is pretty clear and it's something manageable so let's all send out a thought for her health and strength.

I am anti-pill, only for me, mind you. I think it is a very personal choice. If I needed something to keep me alive, of course I would take it, but when it comes to colds, etc. I prefer to just tough it out and let my body fight. So, it was with frustration that I took the antibiotics. I still feel like they're swimming around in my body and it's making me a little ergh about it.

On the flip side, I do take Omega-3 pills daily. I've found that they help with a variety of things: the nerve damage, the ADD, the mood. They appear to be magic. I stopped taking them while I was on the antibiotics and wow, do I notice the difference. Bring on those magic pills!!!

I dyed my hair a darker blonde. To me, in artificial light, it looks like light brown but in natural light it looks dark blonde. As I explained to BFF K, it is almost a non-color. I am going to do another shade darker and see how it goes. Kevin is looking forward to a dramatic change so we'll see. He asked what color my hair would be when we went to Vegas (in 33 days) and I said BLONDE.

Can I just mention that Bill O'Reilly is a total douchebag? Mmmkay, thanks.

I don't enjoy The View, it's just to much: too bitchy, too gossipy, too much noise. On CBS, they are trying a similar show next week that I am interested in. It is called The Talk and has Sharon Osborne, Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete. I am intrigued.

Something that you might be surprised about is that I am a huge Project Runway fan. I'm watching it now with bated breath, waiting to see who will go to Fashion Week. I love Michael C so much it is ridiculous. And Mondo. Oh, Mondo.

The Nephew has been sending us pictures of the kids regularly. I love it so much. The kids are cute and The Nephew is a good photographer. It occurred to me the other day that this must be what grandmas feel like. (shut up, the lot of you :-) We had dinner with the Nephew and The Girl. She is Hil-Ari-Ous. They seem to be the perfect match and I wasn't sure that I would ever see it happen.

We're going racing this weekend. We're having little bouts of sunshine and Kevin wants to go one last time. It means we'll be gone the whole weekend, which is never my favorite, but it will be nice to be at the racetrack.

Did I mention that in 33 days I will be in Vegas?

No comments: