10 April 2009

It's Official

I'm old.

I have found myself excited that we are staying home tonight. Wait, not just excited, but relieved. I don't have to go anywhere, I actually sighed with relief.
Truthfully, when Kevin said we didn't have to go out tonight with the fam, I nearly shouted "I LOVE YOU!" to him over the phone.

Now I can clean the house! I can do laundry! I won't have chores to do all weekend!

How sad is that?

Earlier today, I turned down dinner with a friend (sorry J!) Whereas when I was younger, I would have been all over it. I would have gone to dinner AND cleaned the house.

Back in the Day, I would get off work and go home on Friday night just to clean up. Then I would go to friend's houses as a preamble. Dinner always seemed to take care of itself somehow. Be it the McDonald's drive-thru or appetizers at the bar/restaurant. Then it was dancing & hanging out until late then often back to friends houses.

Instead it was take-out Chinese food and puttering around the house. It's not quite 7:30 and I'm longing for the couch.

Before I know it, it will be the early bird special and falling asleep watching the news...the six o'clock news!

We'll go out next Friday...I can't be that old yet. Just today.

1 comment:

Janet said...

You missed the soup!