09 April 2009

The Remedy

So, I had two total crap days. It's not anything HUGE or life altering. Just bad days. Those happen; just not usually to me, at least not recently.

Usually it's total crap moments that don't alter my entire day but not this time. My number was up, it was my turn.

I employed all the tricks to maneuver away from the bad day shadow: I took a tiny walk, I called my mom (SO not a help - she didn't have good news to share), I bought an extra coffee.
And that was just during my lunch.

After work, I took the scenic route home: drove along the bay & looked at the sun going down, cranked up church music (U2) in the truck and just chilled.

When I got home, I was still not out of the funk. I walked down to the mailbox in the sun. I played "Stick" with Lucky Dog. Lucky Dog is the happiest dog you'll ever meet. He was no help. Not his fault. He's a good boy.

Sat in Kevin's chair & rocked, watched Will & Grace. Made a good dinner. Did my chores. Exercised. (I know, right? Now you'd know what kind of day I had) Went onto Facebook and chatted with a friend. Played Taylor Swift. Nothing helped.

Then I wallowed. I figured: f&*k it, I'm going to make this a good one.

I sat in my chair and pouted. Until LOST came on and then I was MESMERIZED the entire episode. OMG it is such a good show.

We went to bed early and I actually slept so I was, for sure, over-tired which I'm sure didn't alleviate my mood.

But now a full 24 hours have passed and while I'm not in the best of moods, I no longer have the urge to snick kittens in the nose.

The remedy: Time, I suppose.

Not all days can be good days.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

"Snick kittens"!! HA HA HA HA HA!