16 November 2010

News & Notes

So, it's Friday!!! Wait, what? It's only Tuesday? Oh yes, for you losers. LOL.But not this chick because I Am On Vacation!!!!

I twittered earlier today that I wasn't going to take the laptop on our trip but realized that I need five blog posts. Paper Rock Scissors Lizard Spock was going to determine the blogs fate. So, SPOCK!!!!!! It appears I am taking the laptop.

I have been antibiotic free for one week and am still feeling a little wonky. Some foods are still not my friend. From everything I've read, this is my life for a little while.

Kevin is sleeping so I'm watching GLEE. I think I'm crushing on Gwyneth Paltrow right now. She sang at the Country Music Awards and while she wasn't the greatest, she was pretty good. Totally nervous, which made her very endearing.

Speaking of country music, if you can listen to this song without getting teary then I just don't know about you:



Is everyone excited about Prince William's engagement? I watched Princess Di's wedding as a child. Well, dozed through as it was really early in the morning and took so long. I was mesmerized with the pomp & circumstance and that it was actually Happening to someone Real.

I am a little shivery over him giving her his mother's engagement ring. While I understand the sentimentality, the karma attached to it just seems like So Much.

We had an unplanned monster windstorm last night. It was coming from a different direction than usual so we could actually hear it whistle along the eaves. Not a happy sound. Luckily, we kept our power & didn't lose any trees. Kevin had to take a fifteen minute detour to get to work this morning though.

Wouldn't you know it that the first *SNOW* is predicted for this weekend. While I am in sunny Las Vegas, it could possibly be snowing here at home. I don't mind admitting: I'm a little disappointed that I am going to miss it.

Does anyone know if there's a way to watch Phil Donahue online? I am watching him on Oprah and had forgotten how much I loved his show. I learned so much (although not age appropriate) from that show.

Billy Joel was on Howard Stern today. It is now my official most favorite interview EVER. They had a piano for him to play as he answered questions. Sheer perfection. I was very pleased when he said that one of his own favorite songs was "And So It Goes." I think if I ever made the effort to make a Bucket List, seeing him perform would be on it.

I am packing tomorrow. I only have one list, thankyouverymuch. I do have one thing that I am completely unsure about. I don't carry a purse. Just the word "purse" annoys me. I hate having something hanging off of me. I am always worried that I will forget it somewhere. It's just not for me.

The last time we were on an airplane, I brought the laptop, my little bag, and a tote bag. It just felt awkward and like we were carrying Too Many Things. There were too many places to lose things. (*ahem* Kevin's wallet *cough*)

I brought home a donation from work: a Dooney & Bourke satchel. It will fit a few magazines, snacks for Kevin, the dire necessities from my bag, and a book. I can transfer magazines to the laptop bag if I need to. So, we will see. I am sure that I will change my mind fourteen times between now and when we leave.

Oh, a picture. Here:





Well, it's getting late poppets. Not that I have to get up early in the morning. But! this time tomorrow night we will be playing with our friends in Vegas baby.

No comments: