11 November 2010

Random Item of the Day


I don't like this flag. Yes, that sounds very Communist, doesn't it? And it begs the question of What Are You Talking About?

Kevin's mom bought us this flag at the Tulip Festival a few years ago. It used to live in the closet but when his parents moved up here Kevin was concerned his mom would notice that we hadn't put it up.

It's not my taste at all. It is supposed to look old-fashioned & weathered. Instead, to me, it just looks dirty. Or tea stained.

Then add to it the fact that Kevin hangs stuff too high. I am not sure what it is with him but it's not perfect in his eyes unless it's above my head. *insert your own short joke here*

It's in the laundry room so I see it all the time. To add to it, I am not totally happy with the room. The pictures don't quite jell yet and it is another room that I want to paint but can't commit to a color. The washer & dryer are set into the wall but it has a vaulted ceiling. I hated the idea that the laundry would be the first thing one sees upon entering the house. I solved my issue with a king-size bed sheet and a tension rod.

You know what? I am going to do another post on the laundry room. We'll decide together what color to paint it.

What gift do you have that you reluctantly display?

2 comments:

Swistle said...

What I don't like about it is that the stripes have been changed to a zig-zag but the box of stars is the same as usual. Visual discord.

creative kerfuffle said...

dude--is kevin a giant? you're supposed to hang stuff at eye level. that's way too high for me. not to be un-american or anything, but yeah, i don't like it either. my parents are the stars at giving tacky gifts. for YEARS my mom would give me winnie the pooh stuff for christmas. while i do love me some classic winnie (and did the girl's nursery in it 13 yrs ago) i do not want winnie home decor. and, my mom likes fiber optics shit. i never felt obligated to put it out and eventually threw all that shit away.
i am having the same color issue w/ my kitchen that you're having w/ the laundry room.