03 November 2010

Thankfully

Firstly, I stole this question from Soul Pancake so I can't take credit.

What is your favorite expression of thankfulness?

I think it really depends on what I am thankful for.

If the in-laws do something nice, it is a genuine "thank you" followed by "You didn't have to do that."

If it's my family, it's a muttered, eyes down, uncomfortable "thanks".

If it is said in utter relief, I will sincerely say "Thank God" because if it is something that important, I've already left it up to the Big Guy in the Sky.

With cashiers, waitresses, customer service reps, I try to look directly at them with a cheery "Thanks" and use their name (you would be surprised how well this works with creditors!!! :-D )
or some form of "honey" or "dude" or something appropriate.

If I am a writing a thank you, I try to be effusive and specific.

How do you express Thankfulness?

No comments: