13 July 2011

I Hate Summer

That caught your attention, didn't it?

I had to go to the grocery store after work last night..remember the "noodle!!" story?


Summer is the time where the Fashion Police work overtime, or they should be.  Especially in my adopted hometown because it is a college town.  What is it with college girls and their manner of dress?  Or not-dress as it were because undressed would be inappropriate.

It's been muggy here this week. A strange mix of heat and impending rain so none of us poor natives quite know how to dress for the day.  Anyway.



Is it just here or everywhere that college girls wear (and I'm not exaggerating) young boys size boxer shorts so they are essentially flannel hot pants?


And flip flops

And, because this makes perfect sense: hoodies.  Baggy ones at that.


WTF is that about?

I know I've mentioned  the messy clothing as if to say "Oh I just rolled out of bed and came to the store" yet the makeup and hair is perfect.  Who do you think you are fooling?  And like Kevin says: Who thinks that is attractive?  

Summer also seems to be the designated season where nothing needs to match, nothing needs to be in good repair and nothing is off-limits.  My sister-in-law, and others, say "Spandex is a right, not a privilege."  She's regular sized so she can say that, in case you're wondering.  FTLOG please, people: stop with the spandex.  It was meant for Susan Powter in the 90's and that is the only person.  Maybe Jillian Michaels as well.

Is it too much to ask for people to actually dress when they go out in public?  I'm starting to fee like every store has become the "People of WalMart" website.

So, tell me poppets, is it a Pacific Northwest thing or is it everywhere?

3 comments:

Swistle said...

There was a girl at Target whose LOWER BUTT CURVES were visible beneath her shorts. It feels so old-ladyish to complain about the way "the kids" are dressed, but FTLOG can they not just show their butts to EACH OTHER and not to the rest of us?

Lindsay said...

So I'm totally pro non matching, hoodies, flip flops. My nickname from my husband is comfortable Lindsay - it's just what I go for. HOWEVER, the short shorts? Are obscene. Do parents know their kids are wearing this stuff? I don't get it.

creative kerfuffle said...

east coast also has this tragedy. i don't get it either. people over the age of 18-21, they're on their own, stupid, but on their own. but the teens? i blame their parents. if they didn't buy the clothes for them then they have to know they have them. how do you let your kids go around half naked? that just blows my mind.