08 July 2011

Duck!

This week is one of the examples of why I love the internets.  It was one of the longest short weeks ever.
But it was helped to pass by with an occasional giggle from a text, a tweet, a blog.  The Bloggess made me want a giant metal chicken.  Swistle is making me consider chickpeas.

But the best one this week is courtesy of  Pete Mayhew (husband of Anissa and I fear we share DNA)
 Pete usually taunts me with song lyrics that create earworms.  "At the Copa. Copacabana. Music & passion were always the fashion at the COPA...."  (you're welcome)   He made me laugh the past two days with #replaceawordinafamousquotewithduck.

These were my paltry offerings to the duck game:

we have nothing to fear but duck itself.

my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my duck. Prepare to die.
no one can make you feel inferior except your duck
First rule about Fight Duck: Don't talk about Fight Duck. ?
I'm real sorry your duck blew up Ricky. 



 I'm proud to say that Pete kicked my ass with gems such as:
one thing about living in santa carla I never could stomach, all the damn ducks!
Of all the gin joints in all the world, she had to duck into mine
Flash, I love you but we only have 14 hours to save the ducks! 

My favorite is his response to my Eleanor Roosevelt hashtag:
et tu duck?

It's funny how people we have never met, and probably never will, can be a lifeline.  A silly little game gave me something to focus on, laugh at, and think about over the past two days.  For all we know #replaceawordinafamousquotewithduck saved Kevin a significant amount of money in bail.
 
Now it's your turn! Play along!

1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

i would have been all over that...you know if i had a phone w/ mobile access and all : ) lol

ask not what your duck can do for you, but what you can do for your duck.

houston...i think we have a duck.

look, up in the sky, it's a duck, it's a plane, it's superman.