12 July 2011

News & Notes - The Sequel

I forgot a few very important things in last nights News & Notes.  No, not really. But anyway....

I finally broke up with Pantene.  I am unhappy with the new formulas that they have and, bonus round: the price has increased.  I am now dating Tresemme.  So far, it's going well but we haven't talked about long term commitment yet.

Has everyone seen the VW commercial where the kid beats the holy living sh*t out of the pinata?  I love that commercial so much. It's the very definition of determination.




I am intrigued with the new Winnie The Pooh movie.  I love that they play Somewhere Only We Know as the soundtrack.  It's just ...and I mean this seriously...whimsical. Whoever made that choice is genius.





I'm in a bit of a book quandary.  I am reading a book that I suspect that I've read before.  Actually, I am pretty sure that I have.  But it's the third book in a series.  I enjoyed the first book, the second was meh, and now I feel all psychic-y reading the third.  

I was in the grocery store tonight and a little boy, 3-ish, had one of those noodles, the kind that you use in a pool.  Clearly his daddy had told him he could have it.  To Mommy's credit, she didn't kill Daddy right there in the store.  Of course, because he's three, he's whipping it around albeit unintentionally. 

At this point I am at the end of a very long day and I mutter quietly "Sweet baby jesus" and hope that they go opposite me.  Nope.  No such luck.  Then the little guy goes marching past my cart and I'm already flinching.  Clearly he's already thinking of all the awesome things he's going to do with this new toy.  As he gets right next to me, he triumphantly exclaims "NOODLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and continues to walk on.

I just busted out laughing.  Because really? how cute is that?

Another cute story...this one from one of the Littles:

Girl Little walked to the mailbox with me the other day.  We were talking about where we were going when she asked me if she could go "behind the road"?  

Behind?  I was puzzled because the road runs perpendicular to ours.  I figured out that she meant The Other Side of the road.  I told her that yes, she could but only with a grown-up.

She says "Well, YOU'RE a grown-up"

Duh, Aunt Firegirl.

Okay, for reals, that is all.

1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

i'm fairly certain i won't be able to drag my kids to the winnie the pooh movie....but i do love some pooh. i used to date pantene year ago but i mostly have a relationship w/ the purple aussie stuff now, though sometimes i slip in some tresemme too.
behind the road...priceless.