28 July 2019

This is a Terrible Story - Part Two

So, this story just keep going.  It's like a Stephen King novel at this point.  I apologize for any emotional scarring.

Yesterday I was working in the garden when Neighbor Lisa texted me three long texts.  You won't believe this.

She noticed a Missing Cat poster about half a mile down the main road the next day so she stopped and got the number.  She didn't have the heart to phone the number so she had Alex do it.  He explained what happened and told the woman that they just wanted her to know.

And that's where it got weird.

The lady was upset, understandably, and wanted to come pick up the cat.  Alex explained that we had packaged...I know that probably isn't the right word...up the cat and they had buried  it.  He apologized for not calling sooner but felt like it was the correct thing to do.

SHE WANTED TO SEE THE CAT.

Alex explained again that it had been buried and that it had been a few days If You Get What He's Saying.

SHE WANTED TO SEE THE CAT.

At this point, I would have gently yet clearly told her no.  It sounds like Alex tried but she was persistent.

For reasons beyond my comprehension, they "retrieved" the cat.

They dug up the cat.

O.M.G. they dug up the cat.

We don't know if she came to see it yet but we're assuming she did.  Lisa asked "I wonder if she TOOK it!?!?"  *hork*  Lisa said she kinda doesn't want to know.  I don't blame her.

Kevin kind of shuddered and said "Now that's love for a cat."

I'm trying to decide if the lesson is To Call the number on the sign or To NOT Call the number on the sign.  Call only if it's good news, maybe.

No comments: