29 July 2019

It's Too Hot to Write

I'm a sucker for a questionnaire.  The one from Inside the Actor's Studio (Proust) is my favorite but Vanity Fair has a good one too.  Then I spotted this one in Fast Company, one of my favorite magazines.

As it's currently 83 degrees and humid a.f. outside, I'm phoning this post in with a questionnaire. Please play along...

What's your best habit, and your worst:
I am purposefully organized
I underestimate how long things take/I live in my own time zone

Do you have a work uniform or a wardrobe staple?
Converse sneakers and hoodies. I am lucky to not work in direct service

How do you unplug?
Garden or read

What advice would you give your younger self?
Slow down. Don't make permanent decisions over temporary problems

What is your favorite object in your office?
My Doctor Who painting at work
My window at home

What service or tool can you not live without?
Amazon. for someone as forgetful and anti-social as me, it's a gift.

Is there a book you recommend to everyone?
Becoming Mortal Atul Gawande  This is important read for anyone with aging parents
The Lemon Orchard - Luanne Rice  It's not necessarily just a romance story, and has gained some poignancy with the current political climate

Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Watching The Bachelor/ette and Married at First Sight

What is your favorite form of exercise?
Long walks with Lucy but I don't hate yoga either

What is your Get Pumped song?
I have a playlist...
Right Here, Right Now - Jesus Jones
Running on Sunshine - Jesus Jackson
Bang Your Drum - Dead Man Fall

What was the best career decision you ever made?
Reducing my working hours to make room for other things

Do you have a favorite classic product?
This one took me a minute.  My Cosco stool.  I use it all the time

Who is the businessperson you most admire?
Ashton Kutcher...for a guy who started with Punk'd and That 70's Show, he's used his fame for good instead of evil

Look back, what is the biggest career risk you took?
Quitting a lucrative sidegig because the stress wasn't worth the money

No comments: