09 February 2020

Clockwise

Sometimes I lose a little bit of time. This last week was one of those times.  It's very odd and of course, I don't enjoy it.  It's an odd sense of time travel but I don't know where I've been. When it passes, it feels like someone turned on a light. 

I mean, I still went to work, did my chores and errands, lived my life.  I just don't know where the actual time went.  It's ... fuzzy.  Like when you arrive home from work and have no recollection of the commute.

Today I am trying to figure out what's what  So I sat down at my desk to find something specific. I found it but I also found all of this *gesturing across my desk*  I did our taxes last weekend and I've written a bit so it's not like I haven't entered this room in weeks. Contrary to the evidence before us. Again: the fun of losing time.

There is one drawer in my desk for bills, projects, and stuff that needs putting away but not yet.  Well, this drawer is a little bi-polar right now. And I think that's why this is drawer has this designated purpose.

I found:
Birthday and Christmas cards. It's February.
Bills
Timeslips for the racecar from 2019 and 2013, that I don't know why I have them
Photos I meant to frame but that usually go into a different drawer
Voting ballot and insurance paperwork that needs processing
Filing from hell
Digital thermometer
Broken mouse from the racecar computer

This is just the perfect encapsulation of my brain sometimes.

Then Kevin needed a wiring diagram found and printed so I did that.  New laptop so it took a minute but now that's one more thing set-up so it's an over-all win.

I think I got my clock turned around a little, like babies do.  With the holidays, snow days, long weekends and winter break, I think my inner-clock became confused.  Last night because I wanted to photograph the full moon, I stayed up.  I made myself go to sleep at 2:00 am then got up at the regular time.  And I'm not tired.  Let's hope that is the fix.

As to helpful suggestions that you've probably thought (as I would too) Yes, I've been eating well, sorta to exercising, keeping in touch with friends.  It's just a lapse that I don't notice until it's done. And I've researched that it's a thing.  I'm not (much) crazy.

But really: if I'm time-traveling: I want to remember that sh*t. 


I say this every time: the carpet is not pink.

No comments: