28 February 2020

The Day Continued Into Night

Just in case you thought the rest of yesterday went smoothly, I will tell you: it did not.

I got out of work a little late so there's that.  Karmic balance satisfied on the work front.

Then I stopped to visit a friend for a few minutes so that was like the one shining thing.

Once I got home, I was going to do stuff and just spun myself out instead. Because that is a good decision among previously made "good" decisions of the day.

Kevin came home and I started dinner when his mom called.  I hate that these phone calls give us anxiety more than anything else now.

She was making dinner (???) and wanted to know if we wanted some.  "I accidentally made too much" of salmon fillets and boiled potatoes. a) she doesn't eat. 2) I think more she wanted to cook for us/have dinner with us.

Here are our choices:  Say yes and regret it, say yes and just don't eat it, or say no and disappoint her.

I said yes and told Kevin that I would just make dinner as planned.  He said that we could try it and if it wasn't okay, we would have something else.

So fast forward about an hour.  She phones to tell me that it's ready. I walked over to get it because Kevin is sick and can't be near her.  Two salmon fillets on a plate and a bowl of boiled/sorta mashed potatoes. Both of which look slightly suspect.

I said thank you, returned to the house, and texted Kevin "You have a bit before it's ready."

Into the oven the salmon goes because it still appears...shiny.

Into a bigger bowl goes the potatoes so I can mash them and cook them a little while longer.

Then I cooked a vegetable and made small dishes of cottage cheese.

Kevin was late coming in from the shop because he was having drama also. Yesterday can die in a fire.  But it was fine because the salmon, which he prefers to be overcooked, was just starting to look like we could eat it.

We ate dinner and it wasn't awful, it wasn't great either.  I ate more vegetable, potato and cottage cheese than salmon.  Kevin ate it all.  And this is where I mention that the salmon had bones.  So I'm glad that the person who isn't supposed to be eating anything, has possibly eaten something with bones.

About thirty-minutes later, at the most, we both had tummy trouble.  Because of course we did.

Luckily it was quickly over with and I was thankful that I had cooked everything more or we would have REALLY been sick.  I should have gone with my instincts.  AND THIS IS ME SAYING THIS: I Should Have Cooked.  That's how sideways the day was.

What I hadn't heard was earlier, Kevin mentioned to his brother that his mom had cooked and offered us dinner and we had concerns.  The brother says "Well, you can tell her no."

Umm, she's not going to be on this earth much longer so telling her no isn't an option in my world.
I just wished I would have stuck to the plan of making dinner and not eating hers.


1 comment:

Swistle said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo