21 November 2020

Frock This

 So, it's November 21st.  A week away from Thanksgiving.  And this happened:


What had happened was Kevin was tired of me having a sad.  In an attempt to fix it, he suggested that we buy an artificial Christmas tree this year, instead of waiting to get a real tree in a few weeks.  And I hesitated.

Because I really enjoy having a real tree.  Because I want to support local business.  Because it's November 21st.  

So we bought a tree.

Kevin suggested that I could just leave up the Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations and JUST put up the tree.  Wut. Like, No.  It's like he doesn't know me at all.  Now I'm taking down all the decorations to replace them with Santa's workshop.  

Which brings me to Monica's Closet. While it's better than it was a few months ago, it's still not finished.  I had to put the nostalgia project away because reasons and now I still have to put our suitcases away from our quarantine road trip.  And find a picture frame.  And take that bag full of paper to recycling.

I'm stuck in "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" - the Holiday Edition.  I told Kevin that my plan was just to sit on the couch and read today. "Reading isn't going to make you happy" he says.  Well, that's debatable, pal.  Unless "of the will" is attached to reading, or the title is "The Principals of Statistics", reading rarely makes me unhappy.

And in other evidence of it's the End Times: this is the first time in the history of man that Kevin has encouraged decorating for Christmas. AND he put up Christmas lights outside.  I think I hear hoofbeats.

The tree is finished, mostly. (homedepot $159) and nothing else is.  Hallo-Thanksgiving is littered around my office.  But I do have my Christmas cards out now.  Maybe tomorrow I'll finish the frocking. 

Or read.  It can be a Christmas book.


1 comment:

D said...

I laugh Every. Single. Time I read your headline. Makes me snicker all over again.

Thanks for maintaining your blog!