03 November 2020

Today is the Day

 And it's Election Day.  The day we never thought would arrive.

I voted two weeks ago, which makes this day a little anti-climatic.  Washington has mail-in ballots for all elections so we have it "easy."   I did drive to the county courthouse to directly drop-off our ballots this year though.  No mail and no just dropping them off  at the nearest ballot box.  Nope, went straight to the source this year.

I had planned to fill today with work - which I have PLENTY of after yesterday - and then watch non-election coverage television.  I have a playlist in mind:

How I See It - the documentary from Pete Sousa, President Obama's photographer

Hamilton - because, of course.

The American President - because these past four years have felt like Aaron Sorkin's alternate reality

The West Wing - I have the boxed set and one of the channels has been airing it so it's on the dvr too.

What did I do this morning?  Slept. Like, no, really slept.

I meant to stay awake/up this morning but Lucy got up on the bed with me and then game over. I woke up to her laying parallel to me in what started as a perpendicular situation.  She bogarted the entire bed, all 35 lbs. of her.  

And my work texted me. So, there's that.

I'm at my desk and starting work. I skipped showering but am in my favorite hoodie. I switched the alexa station to 80's music, I'm having coffee and brownies for breakfast.  I'm going to work most of the day, probably. Maybe.  Then enact the Television Part of the Day.  It will end with Taco Tuesday and hopefully Not the World on Fire.  

With that, this is where I tell you that my 84-year-old father-in-law voted this year for the Very First Time.  He wanted to be part of history.  He wanted to have some responsibility in ending these dark four years.  84-years-old.

VOTE.

Then do the self-care thing in whatever way you can. 

No comments: