26 March 2022

Mortar, Tassle and Eye Drops

 I just graduated this week.  I literally laughed out loud when the eye doctor told me.  This surgery adventure has now concluded.  Well, mostly.  Probably.  Let's say that I am cleared for regular life again.  I have a shiny new prescription.  I've already ordered new glasses.

Meanwhile, they did the tests so my eye is numb and I can't see very well.  So far, no migraine like last time so that is all happy.

Meanwhile times two, it will take up to SIX MONTHS for the eyes to be considered completely healed.  This was a little AUGH and a little Oh, Good.Whew.   Because as I've mentioned many times previously, this second surgery has not been easy.  So of course it is going to take longer to heal and it is comforting that it hasn't progressed as quickly as the first eye.

The only bummer was the continuation of drops.  It's a small thing but it's a thing.  I mean, it could be worse AND I can still have a little sad about it.

So like all the posts on this topic, I will say:

If you need the surgery, absolutely have it.  Just know that it may not be as easy peasy as they tell you. 

If you just want the surgery, then have a little think on that.  It's a lot to do to just not have to wear contacts or glasses again.

Now to the fun part: ordering glasses.

I have insurance but it is, let's say, lightly helpful when it comes to covering the cost of glasses, etc. We are not talking about covering the cost of my surgery right now.  Sigh.

The ever-so-lovely Swistle suggested Zenni years ago and I have been a fan ever since.  (Not a paid, promotional post AT ALL)  (Well, not for Zenni but definitely a promotion of Swistle <3 )

I've used them annually for regular, reading, and sunglasses.  I only have had an issue once and they were super helpful and gracious about it.  (the frames just didn't work for my vision)  You can bill your insurance after the fact.  As far as where I am located, the time to get them is comparable to local shops. 

The best part is the choosing.  I have a list of twenty frames saved because you can "favorite" frames.  No surprise, they are almost all purple.  There are some tortoise colored frames and two blue frames that I'm still thinking about.  They are the reason wish lists are a good thing to keep.

I was going to reorder a pair of my old reading glasses with regular lenses but they've been retired.  I was SO DISAPPOINTED.  Kevin, however, will not be as he was not as big of a fan.  I can still go get the lenses replaced but that will be more expensive than I probably will want to do just for just something fun to have  We'll see. (vision pun! I think that's only the first one!)



I ordered these, which I've had years before and love:



I will eventually have to get sunglasses but right now the ones I have work just fine because they are single-vision instead of progressive.  

And now, theoretically, I can order all the glasses because my prescription should stay about the same.  Be right back, I have to add more onto my list.


No comments: