17 March 2022

Name Game

 Okay, I'm going to lighten up this bloggity because OMG there has been so MUCH Raising Parents.  And, and, AND we're still not done with that particular topic.

However, I'm not talking about that right now because I need a break.  As you probably do, as well.

There is a new advocate at my work.  We've only met via Zoom.  He's young. This is his first big boy job and by that I mean, he just graduated University and his hobby is LEGOS.

I don't have his email address and I keep forgetting to write down his surname during the zoom meetings. Work email addresses are very simple, I just need his surname.

I emailed my job partner to ask for his email:

Subject: Edson's email, please?

Body:

Or I’m just going to start sending emails to random emails until I hit one.  Edson.Chang   Edson.Fittipaldi   Edson.Pawlowicz  Edson.Murphy  

I can guess all day…………

Kthanxbai!  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~  ~ ~ ~ ~

She answers that she likes the guessing game and that just made my brain happy.

Edson.Cruise….Edson.Kahapea….Edson.Baryshnikov…Edson.Roosevelt…Edson.Mandela…Edson.Jones…Edson.AustinPowers….

She sends a Yoda Meme:

I continue:

Edson. Obama….Edson.Dyrdek…Edson.Thomas…Edson.Chu…Edson.Tribbiani…Edson.Geller….Edson.Bing…

The next morning:
Edson.OldMcDonald…Edson.Lightyear…Edson.Wolowitz…Edson.Nightingale…Edson.VonCount…Edson.Smith…

Late that day, after she responds with a laughing meme:

This is where Kevin would shake his head and say "Don't encourage her"

I reply:
Edson.Kennedy…Edson.Edson…Edson.RickyBobby…Edson.Erikson…Edson.Snuffleupagus…Edson.DrakkarNoir…

Then again this morning, but with a theme:
Edson.O’Reilly…Edson.Kelly…Edson.Ryan…Edson.O’Sullivan…Edson.StPatrick…Edson.LuckyCharmsAreMagicallyDelicious

Now, you've all met me.  My attention span is unreliable.  This is where I tell you that upon writing this, I see that job partner gave me his email IN THE FIRST RESPONSE and I didn't SEE IT.

And, of course, none of my guesses were even remotely close to the real surname.  

No comments: