09 February 2010

Four Eyes

Kevin got his first pair of glasses this weekend. He's needed them for a while now, only for reading. He is kind of like a little kid right now, excited about the glasses yet not quite wanting to wear them out in public.

Of course he is self-conscious about them, they're the first outward sign of aging for him. Well, sort of. He's had salt & pepper hair since I've known him. He is not a vain guy so I'm sure his hesitance is going to be temporary.

I have to be patient with him because I've never not worn glasses. They're normal for me. I've never been self conscious about my glasses. Well, hmm, that's not quite true. I had two pairs of unfortunate glasses that I regret upon hindsight. (I'll try to post pictures tomorrow)

It is a little strange to see my husband in glasses. It is also a little heart-warming. It's one more milestone that we've reached. One more sign of the years that we've spent together.

That, and he's cute in them.

2 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

I think glasses are very attractive, and I'm sure Kevin looks great in them! It just takes awhile to get used to. Congrats on another milestone together! :-)

creative kerfuffle said...

i've worn glasses or contacts since about the 9th grade so they're normal for me too. the hubs had to get readers a few years ago, but he's constantly leaving them places and not wearing them like he should. both kids also got glasses a couple of years ago and wore them religiously the first year and then...not so much. they don't need them 24/7 but the dr said if they did wear them maybe it would improve their vision and they wouldn't have to wear them for life.