23 February 2010

They're Stupid

We just watched Everyone Loves Raymond and once again, it started a conversation. I swear that show is like therapy for me. How could it not be when it's essentially my life.

Raymond & Debra were arguing over the bathroom, an argument that has always befuddled me. She wanted the bathroom all to herself and he gave in. Because that's what you do in relationships.

Kevin & I don't argue over the stupid stuff. The only time we argue, actually, is usually about family. I know, *shocking*.

Luckily, neither of us see the point in arguing over toothpaste squeezing, toilet paper position, or room temperature.

It's not to say that we don't drive each other a little nutty. If you spent five minutes with that boy, you would be twitching because he never stops freaking moving. If you spent five minutes with me, you would think "OMG, did she just say that?"

We've just learned to deal. We ignore a lot of stuff.

One of the biggest things that Kevin ignores are pillows. They drive him crazy. He hates them.
If you walked up to him and asked him "What's one thing that bothers you about the house?", he would say " the effing pillows".

I have decorative pillows on the bed. I just like how they look. He doesn't like them. They are in his way and to quote him: "Stupid."

He doesn't have to worry about them mostly. Knowing that he doesn't enjoy them, I try to make sure that they're moved when it's time for bed. If he goes to bed before me, I will often found them shoved over onto my side of the bed.

It's silly but it's one of those things that we just work around versus argue over them.

What little things do you ignore/overlook for your relationship?

3 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

Rick is messy in the kitchen. He's kinda like a sixteen-year-old boy: he goes in like a tornado and leaves a mess and destruction everywhere he goes. Luckily, I like to tidy up and don't mind cleaning...but this might change in the next few years! ;-)

Not Your Aunt B said...

You know, I'm not sure I even know as we blow off the little things too and it's the major stuff that gets any attention. That's funny about the pillows. J would say the same (we have a lot of regular pillows but no decorative ones) about ours, but I always find him snuggled in the middle of the night with one. Men!

creative kerfuffle said...

the hubs and i have been married for almost 17 yrs. we used to argue about the small things (and at the moment i can't even remember what they are), but it seems the longer we're together the less we worry about those things. and, in reality, i think arguing about the little things is really an bigger arguement in disguise. i might not have really been pissed about crumbs left on the counter but that's what i'd bitch about, if that makes any sense.