16 February 2010

Decluttering

I showed Kevin the pictures of the spec house. He looked around like I did but unlike me, professed that he liked our house better. The only thing he mentioned was he thought a lighter color carpet would look much nicer.

We can't agree whether or not to put the faux panes on the windows. We did agree that it will be nice when we can get rid of the entertainment center. I'm back to wanting Pergo flooring in the kitchen.

This weekend I spent on little decluttering projects when I wasn't being frustrated with Best Buy & my b-i-l's present. I finished cleaning the kitchen counters of junk that was there just for the sake of being there. I took the cover off the strange little quarter wall that is next to the door.

I moved the dining room table but didn't like it so I moved it back. I finally took one of the chairs & put it into the closet then shoved the table closer to the wall. The space it created is small but noticeable. I also traded the table runner with a brighter colored one, still trying to incorporate some red into the interior.

Then I went over to the entertainment center and took away a lot of the knickknacks. I need to reorganize the books on the bookshelf. Story of my life.

I am getting happy with the house. Happier, I should say. I'm liking the lack of clutter. It's funny how, with houses, one project leads to another. I did giggle at one point as I heard Tim Gunn in my head. "Look at it with a critical eye. Less is more." I never, ever, ever, thought I would quote Tim Gunn in my life. (:-D

Homes are a work in progress though. Luckily, it's a lifetime project.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that de-cluttering is working so well for you, and it's smart of you to realise that you love your home and don't need to move simply because you have a lot of stuff (as some people do)!

Not Your Aunt B said...

YAY to decluttering. Our spring decluttering will be happening in March and I can't wait! It feels so nice to breathe in fresh change (even if it is just rearranged fresh change).

Surely said...

@Sheila...funny that you say that. It was a light bulb moment for me b/c the impulse to move is fading! (:-D

@Bea: you're my hero. (:-D

Daydream Believer said...

You are truly inspiring and motivating me!!