27 February 2010

Robot Skeleton Army

I am on Twitter, y'all knew that. I don't follow a bunch of people but I do have a little group that makes me happy.

That's the key with Twitter & me. The tweets have to be a few things: clever, thought provoking, or positive. If it becomes self-promoting, mundane, or mean-spirited, then I'm out. I followed two celebrities because they were in the top 20 celebrity twitterers but I found that they were mostly self-serving.

One of my favorite people I follow is actually my BFF K. She tweets about her life that makes me feel like she lives next door instead of across the states. Reading her makes me happy. It's as if she just picked up the phone & said "You'll never guess what the kids just said/did/broke!" or "Guess what I found at Target!"

Who else do I follow? John Mayer & Ashton Kutcher are two of my celebrity favorites. Now to my eternal happiness, Craig Ferguson is now on Twitter, as is Conan O'Brien. Oh! and Neil Patrick Harris, can't forget him. I follow other celebrities: Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift, Dana White (UFC, for Kevin) Jimmy Fallon, Max Lucado, Russell Brand. (never thought you'd see those last two names in the same sentence, did ya?)

Bloggers that I follow are Swistle, Jamie, Dooce, Dynamita, Quinn Cummings, Jess, The Bloggess, Avery Edison, and AYNTK. The Twitter sensation "Sh*t My Dad Says" is also a favorite.

My mother-in-law was asking me about Twitter at dinner last night. I am going to take the laptop over and show her tomorrow. She is fascinated with the concept of it. She even expressed that she wished she was younger & could figure out a computer so she could do it. So I am going to be her vicarious Twitter/Blogger/FB profile for her.

Who do you follow on Twitter?

2 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

Ok, I have a confession to make. Aside from blogger friends and friends from my life, I follow the celebs who are either controversial or the ones whom I know will make me feel smarter: Britney Spears and the Kardashians, for instance. But my fave celebs on there are Jewel, Josh Groban, and the cast of The Office. I'm about to unfollow Roger Ebert because I'm beginning to think all that man does all day is sit at his computer and Tweet. My goal is to have a celeb reply to me it visit the ole blog (never gonna happen). Oh, I also love Ellen because she follows you back and that's just cool!! I liked this post and may have to copy you and write about my Twitter adventures. I went to B and N today and thought of you, friend!

creative kerfuffle said...

i have a twitter account and set it up when i had a job. i tweeted for work purposes. i've never really figured out the twitter thing for personal reasons. i feel like i spread myself all over fb and my blog so twitter would just be one more thing.