22 September 2010

A Breakthrough in Technology

I am getting used to my new cell phone. It took some pushing the wrong button, and profuse amount of cursing and quelching of tear-rendering frustration but I think I have it conquered.

I have Kindle installed now and "Persuasion" loaded.
I have Grooveshark installed & can listen to music without downloading MP3's etc.
Best of all, I have The Magic Eight Ball app.

Remember the Magic Eight Ball?
"Is Tommy going to ask me out?" *shake* shake *shake*
"The answer is Yes"

Clearly the best use of new technology.

Today though. Today the droid saved the day.

My brother-in-law texted me asking how to "hide" people on Facebook, instead of unfriending them. I text him back explaining how.

Few minutes pass, *bing* "It doesn't work"

I text another set of instructions, with clarifications.

Few minutes pass, *bing* "It doesn't work"

Thinking, thinking, thinking.

Oh I know!

Go to my Facebook Page...find his daughter...Hover over the "X" to show "hide person"

CLICK

Click on "Hide Person"

Click

Open photo gallery, email pictures, and wait.

"Ok. It works. Thank you."

The wonders of modern technology.

2 comments:

Grey Ghost said...

How long will it be before all visits to friends and family will be through your wallwide vidiscreen.How long before ALL shopping will be done on homebuy,inc.Before birthday parties will happen on Happiview.Or you won't remember the last time you shared space with your children.And is it really a warm,sunny day on the other side of your Weatherwall or did you choose it from your Sleepsense Cumfipod.Laugh today,but tomorrow?

creative kerfuffle said...

lol. ah. ok, so luddite that i am, those things do sound kinda cool. especially the magic 8 ball!