23 September 2010

A Day in the Life

My new friend Queen of the Fall posted an interesting idea the other day: A Typical Day.

As tonight the Big Bang Theory and The Office has returned to our living room, I am going to borrow her idea.

A typical weekday in the life and time of *Firegirl*

5:30 am...Kevin's alarm goes on the first time
5:45...alarm sounds second time. This would be effective if Kevin didn't roll over & lay against me.
5:50...Kevin gets up, turns on the closet light so I don't kill him. When I hear the television go on, it's my final chance before the lights get turned on and the blankets are pulled on the floor.

6:00...packing Kevin's lunch. Yes, I am that good. I pack mine next while he eats.
6:05...Force feeding myself Cheerios after Kevin leaves. Convince dog that it's not time to go outside and bark.
6:10-7:45...SLEEP. In the middle of the bed.

7:56...get ready for work, in a rush, and dress in partial darkness because I loathe overhead lighting.
8:25...mocha for me and coffee for my mother-in-law. Try to convince dog not to hate me for not taking her to the mocha stand.

9:00...work. With copious amounts of time spent on the internet so as Kevin says: "Work".

11:30...Go to Starbucks, which isn't as cool as it seems. They give day-old pastries to the YWCA and after awhile, you get sick of them.

4:59...Work over, I am but a vapor trail leaving the building.

5:20...Home. Bust out a few chores and watch Craig Ferguson or whatever shows Kevin doesn't enjoy while he's not home/outside.

6:00-6:30-7:00...consider dinner, wait to hear what Kevin's mom is making, reluctantly make dinner

7:30 - 8:00...cozy in our chairs, watching television and reading, the internet, and quite often the soundtrack of Kevin's on the phone.

9:30...Kevin is asleep so it depends on whether or not I've posted on the blog yet or if there is something on television to determine if I go to bed. ((He's sick so we're an hour ahead of schedule tonight))

11:00-ish...Sleep, maybe. Maybe not. Sometimes laundry.

How does your typical day go?

1 comment:

Grey Ghost said...

Hi,your suggestion of"my generation"
I was a war baby,born under Scorpio,the illegitimate son of a launderess.Illegitimate,fine word illegitimate.(does that ring a bell)
That was the beginning,and why I say too dark.But I know of no other honest way.