28 September 2010

The Love of a Brother

One of The Nephews new stepsons had a birthday party last night. Because I've been sick, we skipped the party. I am So Disappointed that we did.

The Family all chipped in to buy him (6 yrs old) a new bike. As Kevin says "Every boy needs a bike."

After the party & presents were finished, the waiter brought out the birthday cake and also wheeled out the bike. My brother-in-law said that the older brother (the 8 yr old) told the birthday boy that "You got a bike! Look! You got a bike!"

The 6 yr. old was disbelieving. "No, it's someone else's bike. It's not my bike."

His brother was persistent until the bike was parked in front of him. He looked at the bike and said "I got a bike" then looked at his older brother and said "We got a BIKE!!"

The love and power of brothers is remarkable. "We got a bike!"

After that, we are So buying the 8 yr. old a bike too.

5 comments:

Grey Ghost said...

Careful,he could end up with(pick a number)bikes,and then where will you all be.There are times when I,,,,

Bethany said...

Aw, that's cute :) Sounds like a good birthday!

Swistle said...

Oh gosh, that totally made me choke! What sweeties!

creative kerfuffle said...

ah--good brothers indeed! my kids wouldn't have be so thoughtful. sad.

Nadya said...

That is SO sweet!! I can picture my granddaughters doing that! 5 & 10, they just moved to a dead-end street (would be a culdesac if it were newer) & the 5 year old has learned to ride with aplomb. It's fun walking with them while they're riding, & watching them look out for each other!!
Your little nephews sound great!