02 September 2010

News & Notes

This was a weird week for me. Last week was a short week because I took a mini-vacation and the same with this week. It's difficult to get invested into work when you know there's a long weekend ahead.

This being said, I watched a movie on NetFlix today with Renee Zellwiger. Can I just mention that she's not aging well? Seriously. I can't remember what the name of the movie was but it had Harry Connick Jr so really? what else do we need?

My good friend moved into a new place & I went to see it today. It's triggering my inner interior decorator. I think if I had the money to flip houses, I would love that part of it.

And she's moved to a town that is very similar to my hometown; one main street, lots of churches, and surrounded by dairy farms. It made me nostalgic a little while driving there, remembering my first apartment in my old hometown.

I've converted to liquid laundry detergent. I know, I know, I said that I wouldn't but once I got used to it I became a convert. But I still hate those Gain commercials.

We think that there is a creature living in the woods between our houses. There was a bobcat/cougar sighting down on the main road so now Kevin's mom is convinced that it's living next door to our house. Let's just say Missy Jo is not impressed. She's not intimidated by any other dog but strange creatures in the dark make her unhappy.

I am craving pizza. That's all I have to say about that.

BFF K sent her twins off to Kindergarten this week and I found myself teary. I've only known these little ones via pictures & stories but it's just such a milestone. I can't believe how fast they've grown up.

I've been purposefully avoiding the Back to School aisle at the store. I caught a glimpse of crayons the other day and nearly bought a pack. I think Kevin would have me committed if he came home to see me coloring.

I'm starting to plan our Vegas trip. I've decided that I am going to send the boys to the racetrack and go spend hours at the Titanic exhibit. I've been there three times & have yet to see it.

We're also considering whether or not we are going to do the New York New York roller coaster again. One of Kevin's co-workers just went on it and proclaimed us crazy. Kevin asked him if after all was said and done "It was worth it, right?" He said "HELL NO". hahahaha. But Kevin & I have the tendency to go all youngest child "I dare you" in situations like this so I'm pretty sure we're going on it again.

Ally McBeal is on one of the channels during the day so I now have twenty episodes waiting on the DVR. Need me this weekend? I'll be fused to the couch.

What are y'all doing this weekend?

6 comments:

Grey Ghost said...

Hiya,If you read my blog you would know,so I shan't tell you.naaaa,lol

Grey Ghost said...

You know you can be really mean sometimes,poor Renee.:-)

creative kerfuffle said...

now i want to know the title of that movie and will have to google it.
liquid? really? i always feel like i can't get all the product out of it and i'm not getting my money's worth. yeah, i'm a retard.
my fave part of vegas is the fountain at the bellagio. if you like german food you HAVE to go to hofbrauhaus on paradise road. SO yummy and fun. if you don't go, lie and tell me you did and loved it : )
wild animals that close to home would not make me happy.
i never got into the ally mcbeal show.
this weekend for us will be girl's soccer practice; cookout w/ bro & his family; possible trip to a huge flea market where a friend has a booth set up and then NOTHING : )

creative kerfuffle said...

oh--and that roller coaster? NO WAY IN HELL i'd ride it or that one on the stratosphere. that's insane.
although i ended up hating going to vegas for my work trips, i guess i do miss it a little bit.

Surely said...

"New in Town" is the name of the movie. It's a cute, predictable rom-com. Like I said, Harry Connick Jr FTLOG.

Oh, the rides on the Stratosphere...those are constantly being debated. Actually, only one is: the Big Shot. I think I can cowboy up & do that one.

Ummm, CK...you can rinse the detergent container out whilst the tub is filling...thus no loss...lol

Jennifer said...

I am watching college football Saturday and babysitting a non-relative child Sunday (next I'll get a paper route). Also babysitting my niece Friday and Saturday nights.

I have the 64-color Crayon box and a couple coloring books plus a doodle book. And they are awesome.