16 September 2010

News & Notes

Is it the weekend yet? how about now? now? You know it's been a week when Diane Sawyer announces that only two more alarm clocks are left in this week.

I work with at-risk women and there are times that I think the women that live there are more sane than the women I work with. (Not You, J. SO not you!) So yeah, there's that.

We're supposed to race this weekend and it's going to rain. I'm not totally disappointed. Don't tell Kevin.

The creature that was living in the woods next to our house has seemed to have moved on. I'm thinking it equated living next to a barking Missy dog to living next to the airport. Good job, Missy.

The in-laws are considering a new dog because their dog, Sassy, is growing old quickly. She's a little Shizuh teacup something or other. I've been checking out the Humane Society website and OMG I want every single dog there.

We are watching Couples Retreat and Kevin claims that places such as that resort don't exist. I guess I'm going to be researching more than just a Vegas trip this weekend. Oh, Vegas is six weeks away now. *gulp*

Did we talk about glasses? I can't remember. My insurance only pays for every-other year and this is my out of pocket year. So of course the glasses I fell in love with are FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. So I need to figure that out somehow. I can never justify spending that much onsomething that I will most definitely fall asleep in.

The flowers are all dying in the rock garden so I have a plan. I'm hoping to do it this weekend and can't wait to show you. That's all I have to say about that.

Pringles Ranch. If I ever end up in rehab, it will be because of those. I'll be on TMZ with a can stuck on each hand & chips in my hair.

The feeling of wanting to pound my DROID phone with a hammer has passed. It helped when the Nephew said "Think of it as a computer that makes calls". Also, I have to use the actual keyboard instead of the touch screen while texting. This cuts down on the murderous rage significantly.

My favorite season is starting. No, not Fall. The television season. Parenthood is back on, Brothers & Sisters will be on Sunday. We're going to try watching Boardwalk Empire on HBO because Kevin is missing The Sopranos. With the television season, so begins the magazine reading season.

Oh, Food Fail. Huge Food Fail. My brother & girlfriend loves something called Batter Blaster. It is pancake batter In A Can. I realize that this is obvious but they Love it so I tried it. You can thank me later.

That's what's going on in my life. What's going on in yours?

3 comments:

Grey Ghost said...

Its help a newbie day,so:
What racing?
You have an airport?
TMZ?
Batter in a can?
$500,how many pairs?

Whats happening here,deep breath.
2 mini shows,a custom bike show,charity ride,3 days on Anglesey,engagement/halloween party,not mine.
Along with my first efforts at blogging,thats Aug/Sept.
You now.lol.

creative kerfuffle said...

i haven't seen couples retreat yet but it is dvr. i just bought a can of plain pringles last night. i wish we would have a rainy day because i'm seriously over this damn 90 heat. i need new glasses badly. i just need to bite the bullet and budget it. they will not be $500 glasses. ; ) i can't look too often at the humane society things or dog videos, etc. because even though we have the 2 dogs and 2 cats i am a sucker for kittens and puppies.

Surely said...

Hey Grey Ghost...I'm having difficulties posting comments to your blog but I'll keep trying.

1)Drag Racing (1/4 mile, straight-line, 1st to the end wins)

2) No, I was being sardonic and likening Missy Jo's incessant barking to airplane noise.

3)TMZ is the American celebrity website. www.tmz.com

4)Yep, pancake batter in a can, like whipped cream. Yeah. Gross.

5) One pair!!! So not happening.

@CK...Couples Retreat, predictable but funny. Vince Vaughn & Jon Favreau, c'mon.

I got cheap glasses last year & regretted it. You really get what you pay for.

Kevin is the same way. he doesn't like to look at the Humane Society website either.